1. uniform across children and specific milestones are definitely achieved by all children as they reach a certain age. 2. multi directional since children grow up in varying contexts. 3. completely unpredictable even though development is uni-directional for all. 4. determined solely by hereditary information received from parents.
1. Spiral 2. Specificity 3. Proximodistal 4. Cephalocaudal
1. (i) (ii) (iv) 2. (i) (iii) (iv) 3. (ii) (iii) (iv) 4. (i) (iv)
Ruhi is shown three pencils and she observes that pencil A is longer than pencil B and pencil B is longer than pencil C. When Ruhi infers that A is longer pencil than C, which characteristic of Jean Piaget’s cognitive development is she demonstrating?
1. Seriation 2. Conservation 3. Transitive thought 4. Hypothetico – deductive reasoning
According to Jean Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, children in the operational stage are capable of -
1. Reversibility 2. Hypothetico – deductive reasoning 3. Abstract thinking 4. Propositional reasoning